2016 Wedding Highlights


Well 2016 was a funny ol'year .. not just for world politics and the loss of so many childhood stars from film, stage and the music industry.. but, as friends know, I too had quite a punishing year in my personal life. I photog'ed another 90 weddings in 2016.. and am so thankful to have been a part of so many lovely days. Love will always pull you through, and I finally found some love of my own. From July'17 onwards I will be based in both Swansea and Hampshire, and will now be covering Wales and surrounding counties with wedding photography.

I wish I could post highlights from all my 2016 weddings, but there are just too many, and with 100 weddings booked for this year time is a little precious. But here are some of my fave highlights from 2016 below: 

If you are interested in booking me for a shoot, please do contact me soon - as I get booked up very very quickly. For more details on prices and packages please see my website:


- 2017 is now full, and 2018 is filling fast -

Southend Barns Wedding

So, where do I start with my 2016 wedding highlights.. I guess with my fave photo from last year. The wedding of Angelina and Shaun, at Southend Barns, was beautiful.. and chillaxed.. and fun. The wildflowers were out, the light was perfect - with skies feisty enough for some lovely mood in the photos - it was just a perfect day :)

Southend Barns Wedding


Southend Barns Wedding

Southend Barns has long been one of my favourite venues, and the wedding of Laura and Matthew was equally as fun and beautiful. A bright sunny day, with lovely vintage tones throughout, teapots as vases, and Jamiroquai on the guest-list (only joking, but it sure did look like him haha!)..
Sarah Elvin Photography

Southend Barns wedding
Wellington Barn was a new venue for me in 2016, and ohhhh what a venue! Tucked away in the Wiltshire hills, amidst fields of long grass and wild flowers.. and with white puffy clouds and a gentle breeze we got some lovely shots that day.
Sarah Elvin Photography
Sarah Elvin Photography

Wellington Barn
How do you follow such a beautiful day?.. with a treehouse wedding of course! Close to beautiful Beaulieu, this fairytale venue is set deep amongst the New Forest trees. I had so much fun photographing this lovely wedding - with campfires, a ceilidh, and that lovely sunlight piercing the treeline.. 
Sarah Elvin Photography
Treehouse Beaulieu Wedding
Treehouse Beaulieu Wedding
So, where next? The lovely Tithe Barn, near Petersfeld. The wedding of Natalie and Ben was so lovely .. and so much fun! Ultimate frisbee became the theme of the early evening, and gave me such a giggle while I was taking photos :) 
Tithe Barn Wedding
Tithe Barn WeddingSarah Elvin Photography
And now to one of my most popular venues, the lovely Skylark in Hampshire. I'm regularly found here photographing weddings and love it! The barn is beautiful, the staff are fantastic, and it has a few lovely spots for photos. I did so many weddings at Skylark last year, but am including highlights from two of my faves below.

Skylark Wedding

Skylark Wedding Photographer

Skylark Wedding Photographer

Skylark Wedding
Another of my regular haunts for 2016 was the lovely Parley Manor in Dorset.. a stunning venue and wonderful staff - I've had so much fun photographing weddings here over the past few years. From climbing out on the roof to take 'whole wedding party' group photos, commando crawling through the long grass to get those lovely meadow shots, and seeing all the vintage and boho themes used by couples. Below two of my fave 2016 weddings from Parley Manor.
Parley Manor Wedding
Parley Manor wedding
Cowdray Gardens is another venue where I've been spoilt for choice with backdrops for photos - it's overwhelmingly beautiful.. and the perfect place for a summer's day wedding. 
Vintage wedding
Cowdray Walled Garden Wedding
Cowdray Walled Garden Wedding
Cowdray Walled Garden wedding
My next collages take us back to Beaulieu, for the wedding of the lovely Jenni and Matt at Master Builders. The mix of the moody light and April blossom made for a lovely day. 
Master Builders Wedding

Master Builders Wedding
Master Builders
And on to two more very special days, with lovely light and the most perfect photo opportunities for me. I regularly shoot weddings at Southdowns Manor, but these two days felt particularly special for two lovely couples and their families. In the first one we even managed to get a pre-ceremony shot of the bride and groom holding hands around a door - I felt so privileged to be able to capture the emotion of this moment (so powerful that even I shed a few tears behind the camera). 

Southdowns Manor Wedding
Southdowns Manor Wedding
Southdowns Manor


Next we jump to my favourite winter venue. Sopley Mill is a fantastically well thought out venue, and perfect for that lovely boho vintage look. Below are two of my fave Sopley Mill weddings from last year. The first collage shows the incredible detail Michelle had gone to in making the decorations for her wedding to Alex in February. 

Sopley Mill Wedding
Sopley Mill Wedding
Sopley Mill
Sopley Mill
Sopley Mill Wedding
Sopley Mill Wedding

The Clock Barn in Whitchurch is another venue I often find myself at for Winter weddings. Below are highlights from the lovely wedding of Taylore and James in October.

Clock Barn Wedding

From winter weddings we jump to the amazing summer wedding of Sarah and James. Their day started at Basingstoke Registry Office, and led on to a lovely outdoor blessing at Rotherwick Village Hall. 
Basingstoke Registry Office
Basingstoke Registry Office
Sarah Elvin Photography
Sarah Elvin Photography
And next on to Old Thorns, another of my most popular venues. I love working here - the wedding team are top notch and the views from the golf course are stunning. I've included highlights from a winter, and a summer Old Thorns day below. Sarah and Tim were married in Godalming, after which we headed back to the hotel for the reception, a spin through the frost in a golf buggy, and then rocked out to the groom's band. Jade and Ashley were married on a lovely July day at Old Thorns - and I cheekily got a glimpse of a few hungover guests the following morning when I came back to the hotel for another wedding hehe!
Old Thorns Wedding
Godalming Wedding
Old Thorns Wedding

From the borders of Surrey to Somerset for the wedding of Clare and Nathan. I originally grew up in Somerset, and my old accent makes a sneaky re-appearance every time I'm back :) Pennard House was a lovely venue, for this cosy winter wedding in November.

Pennard House Somerset Wedding
Pennard House Somerset Wedding Photographer
My 2016 winter weddings included that of Holly and Matt, married at Romsey Abbey, with their reception at East Horton Golf Club. It was a beautiful military affair, with a touch of rain when we got back to East Horton, that gave a lovely moody look to the skies around us. I'm looking forward to getting back to East Horton soon, another fantastic venue with lovely staff. 
East Horton Wedding
If we're talking about rainy days I have to mention the wedding of Amy and Dave at the Sandbanks Hotel in Dorset. This was without a question of doubt my favourite wedding of 2016! It 'poured' with rain! You've never seen rain like it! But oh my goodness did we have the most fun EVER! By the end of the day we were all drenched, and I caught a bout of girl'flu the following week - but it was utterly worth it! A big thank you to Amy and Dave for being completely awesome, and the loveliest couple I've ever met! I was fortunate enough to go back to Sandbanks for another wedding last week and came home with sunburn! Such a fantastic place to get married! :)


Sandbanks Wedding
Sandbanks Hotel Wedding
Sandbanks Hotel Wedding
Sandbanks Wedding
We stay in Dorset for the next wedding. The Pavillion at The Kings Arms Hotel in Dorset is another of my faves, and regular haunts. I'm normally found here 4 or 5 times a year photographing weddings, each one uniquely different, but all with a lovely vintage edge. I've included highlights from one of my favourite Kings weddings of 2016 - that of the lovely Jade and Nick. 
Kings Arms Wedding
I can't mention lovely couples without including Kelly and Chris, who were married at Bartley Lodge in January 2016. Kelly and Chris have the loveliest family and friends, and we had the perfect winter's day for their wedding. I'm often found at Bartley Lodge for winter weddings - it's wonderfully cosy with warming log fires and a backdrop of the New Forest. 
Bartley Lodge Wedding
Bartley Lodge Wedding
On to the Square Tower in Portsmouth. Run by the lovely Steve and Julia, it's one of my fave places come rain or shine. Below are highlights from the wedding of Cara and Steven, one of my favourite Square Tower weddings of 2016. 
Square Tower Wedding

From here to jousting wedding parties and bell tents. The wedding of Beth and Adam was a lovely summer fete inspired day.
Summer Fete Wedding
And on to Laura and Shane's amazing wedding in Middlesex. With ice-creams, doughnuts, a fish'n'chip van, giant balloons and the tiniest prettiest wedding car I've ever seen! Thank you so much to Laura and Shane for including me on their amazing day and for being so lovely. 

I'll finish my blog here with highlights from some more of my favourite 2016 days. I wish I could include more, but time is short and I have another 100 weddings to photograph this year :)
Highfield Park Wedding
Highfield Park Wedding
Highfield Park Wedding
Highfield Park Wedding
Sandhurst Wedding
Buxted Park Wedding

Buxted Park Wedding 
Buxted Park Wedding
Burley Manor Wedding
Clock Barn Wedding
Clock Barn Wedding
Ufton Court Wedding
Ufton Court Wedding

Audley Wood Wedding
Mirimar Hotel Wedding
Mirimar Hotel Wedding
Bournemouth Wedding

Brock Ice
Explosion Museum Wedding
Explosion Museum Wedding
Old Portsmouth Wedding
Thank you so much for reading my little blog post. I will be posting 2017 highlights towards the end of the year :)

Sarah Elvin Photography - wedding photographer, with a story-telling style available for rustic, vintage, wilderness and rural weddings across Wales - including Swansea, Gower, Bridgend, Cardigan, Pembrokeshire, Brecon - and across the UK - including Cotswolds, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Monmouthshire, The Lake District, Cumbria and Scotland.